Paprika garlic shrimp, parmesean quinoa, and spicy garlic kale make both a healthy and delicious dinner bowl. I love dinner recipes that make me feel like I am eating something really nutritious and filling, but also has amazing flavor. The paprika garlic shrimp are the perfect protein element in this bowl, not leaving you feeling as though you had a heavy dinner. My favorite part of this dinner bowl is honestly the spicy garlic kale, if you are not a kale lover, you should try this recipe just for the kale!
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp granulated garlic
20 medium shrimp (I use frozen, uncooked)
3 TBSP grated Parmesan
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 TBSP butter or margarine
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups washed and chopped kale
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TSP fresh garlic
1/8 TSP red pepper flakes
salt to taste
1) Thaw shrimp completely in a bowl of warm water, ensure the water is not hot so it does not begin cooking the shrimp. Once the shrimp is thawed, coat in the paprika and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside until cooking time.
2) Prepare quinoa by boiling 1 cup water in a small saucepan, once the water is boiling add 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa. Reduce the temperature to low and cook for 10-15 minutes until the water is no longer present. Remove from the heat and add butter and Parmesan. Stir to combine, taste for flavor and add salt and pepper as desired.
3) While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the kale for the dinner bowl. In a non-stick skillet, heat 2 TBSP olive oil with fresh garlic and red pepper flakes. Once the oil is fragrant with the garlic, add the kale and toss to completely coat the kale in the hot oil. Cook on medium heat, until the kale wilts 3-4 minutes.
3) To reduce the number of dishes during clean up, in this step I scoot the cooked kale to 1/2 of the non-stick skilled and reserve the open 1/2 of the skillet to cook the shrimp. Cook shrimp until it is no longer translucent, overcooked shrimp can become chewy.
4) Prepare the dinner bowl by adding equal portions of Parmesan quinoa and spicy garlic kale, top this dish with the paprika garlic shrimp. A spritz of lemon adds a perfect amount of freshness to complete the dish.